My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ham and Potato Chowder #1 Kid pick

Little man picked this out of his cookbook and absolutely devoured two bowls of it.  It was easy to make and was very flavorful.  Kid friendly for sure. 

1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 lb cooked ham cubed or in strips
1 box scalloped potatoes and mix packet
4 cups chicken broth (I am loving Trader Joe's organic broth)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups half and half
1/3 cup flour

Place chopped celery and onion in bottom of crock.  Place ham on top. Add potatoes, sauce mix, chicken broth, salt and pepper and stir everything together.  Cook on low for 5-7 hours.  Whisk flour and half and half together.  Add to crock.  Cook on low for another 30 minutes.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks very good but, sigh, my Captain would not touch it because of the celery. However I will try it and put carrots in with the onion and I think that would work. Creamy, yummy soup! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete