My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chicken and black beans!

I had seen this recipe floating around on several sites I follow and I thought I would give it a try.  It was a wonderful hearty meal and high in protein.  It is really easy and perfect for career moms who are gone all day.

Here you go!
4 frozen bs chicken breasts
2 cans corn drained
2 cans black beans drained
1 15 ounce jar of salsa (or use your own homemade)
2 blocks cream cheese (I used regular but light would work too)

Place frozen chicken in bottom of crock.  Pour corn, beans and salsa on top.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.  Stir and break up chicken.  The chicken should just fall apart.    Place two bricks of cream cheese on top and leave alone for 30-45 minutes.  Stir all together  and serve over noodles or baked potato or rice. 

Kids ate all of this.  It makes a lot!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog via Pinterest and I am so excited! I love to crock cook, and I only eat chicken and turkey, so this is perfect for me! I can't wait to try some of your recipes! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was delicious, we ate it in tortilla bowls instead of on rice, potatoes or noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog a few days ago! Tried this recipe yesterday and it was delish! Made a ton though and my weirdo family isn't big on leftovers so I'll be cutting this recipe in half, but was SO yummy! Trying your stew recipe tomorrow! :) Thank you so much and good luck on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete