My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Choc. Chip Zucchini cake

We have officially started harvesting veggies from our organic garden.  We will have a lot of Zucchini this year.  I love Zucchini but the rest of the family...not so much.  I am always up for trying new things to get them to eat it and this cake did not let me down.  I found it on a wonderful crock blog called A busy Mom's slow cooker adventures. 
Here is the deal:
3 Eggs

1 1/2 cups Sugar

1 cup All Natural Applesauce (or use 1 cup vegetable oil)

3 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. cinnamon

3 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. salt

1 cup chocolate chips

2 cups peeled and grated zucchini (I did not peel the zucchini)

mix the eggs, sugar and zucchini until blended.  Add the rest of the items (not the choc. chips) and blend.  Mix in the choc chips last.  Make sure your crock is totally covered with a liner or cooking spray.  My cake was a little burned on the bottom because I did not grease the crock enough before pouring the batter in.  Cook on low for 2-3 hours (depends on size of your crock, if smaller it will take longer as the cake will be deeper). I was not able to flip the cake onto a plate because I did not grease the bottom enough.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Can you substitute part of the sugar with splenda?

    ReplyDelete