My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes with Cheese

It was 90 degrees outside today and there was nooooo way I was turning on my oven.  I had seen a few different sites talking abou crock pot mashed potatoes and I thought I would make a hybrid version.  The flavor was awesome and they were creamy and just fantastic.  Captain and the kids raved and the house stayed cool.  Win Win!!! Since we are heading into summer aka: Grill Season, you will see a lot more crock side dishes!

2.5 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed (I used Yukon Gold Organic)
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup butter cut into small pieces

Put the above in a crock pot on high and cook for 4.5 hours.  Stir on occassion.
Mash when tender

THEN add:

1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup cheddar
1/2 cup warm milk
salt and pepper to taste

Mash it all together and there you have it!!!

1 comment:

  1. i love your crock pot recipes- especially this one. I'm often wondering how I can use my crock pot in the warmer months. thank you for sharing! -Erin from The Gluten Free Cocina (Easleyerin.tumblr.com)

    ReplyDelete