My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Italian Beef Hoggies


I love love love Italian beef sandwhiches with extra gravy and peppers. This is seriously one of my all time favorite meals and when I was pregnant with little man I must have eaten three a week...I know, totally gross. There is a local place here called Portillos that has the best BEST best Italian Beef Sandwhiches. I wanted to come as close as possible at home with my crock. I combined a recipe on Pinterest, one on Allrecipes.com and melskitchencafe. I think I hit the mark! Super yummy!

1 can of beef broth
1 cup of water
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
3 tbs italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 package Italian dressing powder mix
3lb chuck roast or pot roast
1 hot pepper sliced
1 jar roasted red peppers (by pickels)
1 bannana pepper sliced
mix all above together and pour over roast in the crock. Cook on low for aprox. 7 hours. Pull meat apart with a fork and put back into crock. Serve over french bread with gravy.

2 comments:

  1. yum!! this looks good, just found your blog, nice easy recipes!! I love that!! will be trying them for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooove Portillos!! A coworker and I were just talking about that place. we both live in Omaha, but both are originally from the Chicago area. So excited to try this!!

    ReplyDelete