My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes

My "workshop"

I made this yummy chicken as well....recipe on the side bar over there under chicken ---->









This was a wonderful side dish. It can be made Low(er) fat and tastes really really good. I'll be honest, in our house anything with cheese is a winner. I had two crocks going on Sunday and with a little prep work I was able to get a wonderful meal on the table while I ran errands and went to movie during the day! I love love love the crock!














2-3lbs of potatoes sliced with the skin on







1 8 ounce package low fat cream cheese







1 can low fat cheese soup







1/2 cup milk







1/2 tsp salt







1/2 tsp pepper







1/4 tsp nutmeg







1/8 tsp paprika







1 onion sliced







1/2 cup shredded cheese (could use any kind, I used sharp cheddar and threw in a little smoked Gouda for good measure)














in a saucepan heat milk until just beforee boiling. Add cheese soup and cream cheese. Continue to stir until completely mixed. Do not let it boil. add salt, pepper and nutmeg to sauce














spray the crock with cooking spray







put a layer of potatoes, onion and cheese sauce in crock, repeat three times so you have three layers.














cook on low for aprox 4 -5 hours Sprinkle cheddar on top 15 minutes before serving.







1 comment:

  1. The spacing on this one is all mixed up! Thanks for all of the recipes! (found via Pinterest)

    ReplyDelete