My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Creamy Broccoli Chicken


This was really good and my children actually ate the broccoli without a peep! I guess if it is covered in cheese, they will eat anything.
1.5-2 pounds chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken cut into strips.
1 package light cream cheese
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
1 package Italian seasoning dressing package
various herbs (I used chicken seasoning)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of milk
2-3 cups cut up raw broccoli
melt butter and add Italian seasoning and herbs. Place chicken in the bottom and pour butter mixture on top. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until you can pull chicken into shreds with a fork. add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, cheese and broccoli and blend together thoroughly. Cook on low for one more hour. Serve over hot egg noodles or rice.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this! I just found your blog on Pinterest and I can't wait to see what else you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many servings does your recipe make? I'm guessing 4-6?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see 1/2 cup of milk in the list of ingredients but not in the description of what goes where. does the milk go with the butter mixture or the chicken soup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you drain the butter and fat after the chicken has cooked for 3-4 hours before adding all of the other ingredients?

    ReplyDelete