My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Saturday, January 14, 2012

salsa chicken



Both kids LOVED this. I LOVED this. Captain LOVED this. Sooo good. I was given this recipe by my sister in law and my friend Erin and I saw it on Pintrest so I had to try it. It is creamy and flavorful and mouth watering. Amazing and can be served over noodles, potatoes or you could even make a taco salad. Seriously peeps this is YUM!

3-4 boneless chicken breasts

1 package taco seasoning

1 cup salsa

1 can cream of chicken

1 cup of sour cream


Mix cream of chicken, taco seasoning and salsa in bottom of crock. Put chicken in and cover chicken with the mixture. Cook on low for aprox. 5 hours. Shred chicken. Put chicken back. Add sour cream and mix together. Heat for aprox. 15-20 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!




12 comments:

  1. I made this and then used it for the meat for a burrito...take soft flour taco, spread on refried beans, chicken salsa stuff, and whatever you normally add on your burrito...you can then close up the burrito add cheese on top and either microwave or place in oven to melt the cheese. It was yummy! I think I might try it on the baked potatoes next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo excited to find this blog! You seem like a "real" Mom with "real" kids. I love that you talk about how the testers liked or what they thought of your recipes. THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are very very real around here :) Glad you are following.

      Delete
  3. Say I wanted to halve this recipe...

    Would I simply cut the cook time in half? Would I be able to cook it on high for less time?

    Your recipes are wonderful by the way! I live by myself and I like to use a tiny crockpot, made just for one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question...sounds fabulous but really trying to watch fat intake...do you think subbing greek yogurt for the sour cream would work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added 1/2 block (4 oz) cream cheese and OMG it was wonderful!! We ate it wrapped up like a burrito.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, best and easiest meal I've had in a long time! I doubled this and didn't even have to measure anything, just tossed it all in. Fabulous fabulous fabulous, definitely going in my cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make something very similar! A package of boneless chicken breasts, 1 jar of salsa, and a packet of taco seasoning all in the crock pot on low for about 6 hours. I shred the chicken just before serving and we make tacos with it. Then you can add your sour cream if you want it to the taco, or load with veggies and be healthier. It is a huge hit in my house, even with the pickiest 6 year old in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really easy and delish.definitely gonna make it again.thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there an easy way to print out your recipes? I want to print out a bunch of them. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete