My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Banana Fruit Cake with Icing

It tastes as good as it looks! This is not your average fruit cake!


I Love that the Princess likes to help me in the kitchen. We made this entire cake together and she was so proud when we all oohhh and ahhh'd over it.










Little Man Loved it...so did Big Man (aka Captain)


This cake was divine. I am not a huge fruit cake fan...not even a little. I saw the recipe for this on Crockin Girls and they mentioned it was great for cooking with kids so I thought Princess and I would give it a shot. It was easy and wonderful. In the future my only addition would be vanilla ice cream on the side!




1 box yellow cake mix (prepared per instructions to batter stage)


1/2 cup sour cream


1 large box banana cream pudding mix


1 bag of frozen cut up fruit. I used DOLE mixed berries


1 small bag walnuts (if wanted)


1/2 cup powdered sugar


1TBS Half and Half (or milk)


1/2 TBS Vanilla extract


SPRAY CROCK WITH COOKING SPRAY


Add pudding mix and sour cream to cake batter. Mix all the way through. Add frozen fruit....stir thoroughly. Pour into the crock. Sprinkle walnuts on top. Cook on high for 3 hours or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes. Should be able to life cake out in two or three sections.




In a bowl mix powdered sugar and half and half. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly. Microwave for aprox. 20 seconds. Drizzle over the top of the cake. ENJOY!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Aww your so cute, you and your family :) Thank you for all the details with your cooking and giving us everyone's responses too. I'm pinning lots of your recipes on Pinterest, just so ya know :) Definitely plan to make them!! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete