My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Wing it" meat loaf

I was running late for work, the Internet at my house was down and all I had was some defrosted ground beef. I had cut out an amazing recipe for crock cheesie meatloaf that I wanted to make but never made it to the grocery store. Hmmmmmm, what is a working mom to do? I did something I have always wanted to do....I cooked out of my pantry with only what I had and it turned out great. I may like this recipe the best out of all the meatloaf recipes I have.

2 lbs ground beef
3TBS Worcester sauce
1TBS salt
1TBS pepper
a little Italian seasoning (probably a teaspoon or two)
1/2 cup cut up cooked broccoli(I had this leftover from the night before...I cut it very small so it would not be recognized by Princess or Little Man)
1/2 cup cubed or shredded cheese any kind (I had a little cheddar in a block and some shredded Parmesan)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 beaten egg
smash all of the above together and mix thoroughly. Form into a loaf. Line the bottom of your crock with foil. Place loaf on top. Cook on low for 6 hours. After 4 squirt ketchup on top and cook for the remaining two hours. This was so good....really it was.
Of course my camera was not charged, it was seriously one of those days, so the pic below is the best I could do for meatloaf. :)

3 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm not a food blogger, but I found yours on Pinterest and read until I'm near starved!

    This post made me literally laugh out loud. It's been sent to the wife, so hopefully I'll be eating this a little later.

    Please keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great but I've got one question....why the foil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had trouble with the bottom of my loaf sticking and burning to the crock. This is also another way to keep the meat moist.

    ReplyDelete