My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Honey Sauced Chicken


Soooo Honey (aka the Captain) LOVED this. My dad LOVED this. Princess and Little Man ate it without complaining (love is solely reserved for mac and cheese and pigs in the blanket). My mom liked it a lot and claimed it was a keeper. I did not like it. There was something about the sauce, I can't put my finger on it but since EVERYONE else liked it, it is a keeper!

Honey Sauced Chicken
The picture above is a double recipe

1 lb chicken (any type you would like, I used drumsticks and boneless skinless breasts because that is what I had)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I had a black and red pepper combo so I used that)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup ketchup
1TBS veggie oil
Season both sides of chicken with peppers and garlic salt. Place in bottom of crock. Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken. Low for 3 hours. (this time will vary depending on what type of chicken you use). Cut up chicken into bite size pieces (I did this for the breasts but left the drumsticks alone) and mix back into sauce. Serve over rice or noodles. I used Jasmine rice. I served with carrots, asparagus and a salad.

*REMEMBER I DOUBLED THIS. 3/4 POUND OF CHICKEN IS NOT A LOT.
Enjoy!
From mmmcafe.blogspot.com (tweeked)

No comments:

Post a Comment