My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Creamy Cheese Corn



Happy Thanksgiving!
I am always excited to try new side dishes. I often make ham or turkey during the holidays and my family LOVES my corn bake. I thought why not try something new this year. It was wonderful. Creamy and delicious. Captain, Princess and Little Man all love corn and adding cheese and cream cheese only makes it that much better. My family will eat ANYTHING covered in cheese!

3 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup butter, cubed
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sugar
6 slices process American cheese, cut into small pieces (I used American cheese from the deli not the Kraft stuff. I also threw in some cubes of swiss)
Directions
In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Stir well before serving. This makes a massive amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment