My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Meatloaf in the crock!



Captain LOVED this and the kids thought it was hamburger and ate it accordingly. I really enjoyed the seasoning and texture. I love all the sides because we all know you can't serve meatloaf without Mashed potatoes and carrots. Yum! Enjoy!

2-3lbs ground beef (I used 1.5 lbs ground beef and .5 pounds Italian sausage)
1 yellow onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup bread crumbs ( I used panko crumbs)
1 envelope Lipton Onion soup mix

Line crock pot with foil....do not forget to do this or you will have a grease loaf
Mix together eggs, milk, crumbs and soup mix. Add in meat, onions and pepper. Mix it all thoroughly. Shape into a loaf (this is the fun part) place in crock cook on low for 6-8 hours. 2 hours before finished put ketchup on the top if you would like and allow to cook for the remaining two hours.

Crock Pot Girls...tweeked.

1 comment:

  1. My 'loaf' looks like a raw jabba the hut blob. Hope this doesn't turn into a Pinterest fail!

    ReplyDelete