My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Leftovers



I have heard several of my friends mention that their husbands will not eat leftovers....the SHOCK...the HORROR! Captain LOVES them. At times I feel he prefers them to the actual meal. Anyway, now that I have been doing a lot of crock pot cooking I have a lot of leftovers. Here are some of the ideas and things I have used my leftovers for.

Chili
-Chili tostado salad (see picture)
-Chili on baked potato with cheese
-Chili dogs
-Chili mac (mix the chili with macaroni noodles and cheese on top...Princess and little man love this
-Chili quesadillas
-Chili omelet with sour cream on top (my favorite)

Pulled Pork
- BBQ Pork Baked Potato
-BBQ Pork Hash-Dice up some cooked potatoes, add sauteed onion, the pork and top with a fried egg
-Pulled Pork Pizza (use any type of crust, spread bbq pulled pork, add some onion, top with cheddar and bake)

The possibilities for baked chicken are countless. That will have to be entirely different post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment