My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crock Apple Sauce


My number one helpers!




APPLES-it's a family affair around here!

We LOVE apples. Every year we go to the local orchard and pick apples and I love trying all different types of apple recipes. I have a lot of memories from when I was a kid of my Nanny and her applesauce. She used to make it every year and I loved it so I took a shot at it this year. Huge VICTORY.

Chunky Crock Pot Applesauce
10-15 apples peeled and cored and sliced
1 cup apple cider
3 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup Cinnamon sugar mix
aprox. 10 red hots (yes, I am serious...the little spicy candies)

put all in the crock and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3. Mash apples...they will just fall apart. Will keep in fridge for one week.
.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious and I LOVE applesauce. Is there a way to make it last longer than a week??

    ReplyDelete