My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Butternut Squash in the crock



Make sure you layer them in your crock.

I went to an organic farm in Wisconsin last week to purchase our beef and they had a bunch of different types of squash. I bought a butternut squash thinking I would make my butternut squash mac and cheese but changed my mind and tried something new. Loved it. The flavor was amazing.
I did not attempt to feed to anyone in my family...I am the lone squash lover...fine by me...taking it to work every day for lunch this week!
1 butternut squash
1 cup apple juice (I used cider and loved it)
4 tbs butter melted
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbs packed brown sugar (I used light brown)

cut the top off the squash and cut into three pieces (see pic above)
scoop out the seeds. Mix melted butter and cinnamon together. Pour the apple juice/cider in the crock. Layer squash as pictured above. Put one tbs of brown sugar in each opening of the squash (where you scooped the seeds from) drizzle butter mixture on top. cook on low 4-6 or high 2-3 until squash is soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment