My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Monday, October 10, 2011

Bacon Ranch Chicken aka...your pickiest eater will eat this!



RAVE REVIEWS BY ALL.
Little Man-literally cleaned his plate...it is usually a struggle to get him to eat protein...not the case with this dish. I didn't even have to pull the whole "if you eat three bites of chicken you can have______"
Princess-"Mommy this is my favorite chicken"
Captain-I have NO leftovers...I almost always have leftovers.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

2 tbsp real bacon bits ( I used 5...if you can't tell we love our bacon)

1tsp minced garlic

1pkg ranch dressing mix

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream (1.5 cups here)

egg noodles



Combine bacon, garlic, ranch dressing mix, soup, and sour cream; mix well. Pour over chicken in the crock pot. Cook on high 3-4 hours. I then shred the chicken and put back in the pot and add the egg noodles; mix together

Amazing. By far a new favorite. I served with broccoli...perfect.
From Crock Pot Girls

9 comments:

  1. I just made this tonight. I'm not sure if it was the garlic salt that I added (because I didn't have minced) or the bacon bits, but it was salty! I think i'll omit the garlic next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put the egg noodles in are they cooked? And how much longer do you cook everything after you put in the egg noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the chicken breast frozen and are the egg noodles cooked? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct! The pickiest eater will eat this. My 2 year old daughter also won't eat meat and she gobble this right up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should be cooked egg noodles to mix in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will a different kind of noodles work? I have penne pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made this and the chicken I used was frozen. It was okay. Kind of unusual tasting, and I might have made too many noodles because it doesn't seem like enough to cover it all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought it was a very easy good receipe!! I served the egg noodles seperately. Added a good teaspoon of minced garlic, pepper and some finely chopped onion. My chicken was thawed and it only took about 4 hours to fully cook. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete