My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Touchdown Cheesie Chili Dip


I thought I would be using the crockpot once or twice a week for dinners but since it is football season and the Captain loves to watch the games...I am doing a few game time goodies for good measure...and major brownie points for me....to be redeemed during future shopping adventures!

This dip is super easy and hardy and is a staple. I have made many variations of it over the years but this one seems to be the crowd pleaser!

I also use 2 tbs of cream cheese....not pictured.

1 lb Mexican Velveeta (I am not a huge Velveeta fan but you can't beat it for a cheese dip)

1 1b ground beef (I used grass fed ground sirloin 90/10)

1 l can beef chilli (No beans) Normally I would use trader Joe's turkey Chilli but the captain loves plain old Hormel.

2 tbs cream cheese

cube all the cheese, place in crock pot. Add chilli on top. Brown meat, drain fat and add to crock pot. 1-1.5 hours on low. Make sure you stir every few hours. Serve with tortilla chips. If you happen to have leftovers (this is usually not the case in this house)...it is amazing over baked potatoes.

Coming attractions:
stuffed peppers
bacon ranch chicken with egg noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment