My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Roasted Chicken...Easy Peasy


NOTICE THE CHICKEN IS COOKED UPSIDE DOWN

This is the seasoning I had in my cabinet
Okay, I am really feeling like a CROCKSTAR today. I was a little nervous about cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot but I thought I would give it a whirl. I made up my own recipe and it was amazing...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So easy too.
Little Man-asked for more...this never happens...he must not have realized he was eating protein.
Princess-said "Mommie this is really good...seriously"
The Captain-after this afternoon's cheese dip (see below) and this chicken I believe he mumbled something about him not being worthy!

1 whole frying chicken (I used an organic one from Whole Foods)
3 apples (can be older or bruised)
1 seasoning package (see pic above)

Cut the apples in half and place the flat part on the bottom of the crockpot. Essentially you are building a base so the chicken does not sit in its own grease as it cooks.

Place the chicken on top (breasts on the bottom)

make seasoning according to directions and brush on. (You could also use Italian dressing)

Put in the crockpot on low for 3-4 hours or until the juices run clear.

Amazing fall off the bone chicken!

I served with baked potato, peas and homemeade carmel apple cobbler...YUMMO!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I think Grill Mates is fantastic! We use different variations on steaks on the BBQ. Always a winner! Will check out your recipe. I am due to use my crock pot soon. though I am getting a new one as I heard the brand I have has lead in it. DId you know about this? There are ones now that specifically say "Lead free."

    ReplyDelete
  2. question.... what do you do with the apples at the bottom? do you eat those? or are they just to make a base and maybe provide a little flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this recipe tonight! It was so easy to make and turned out delicious! Next time I make it I plan to share the recipe in my blog and will make sure to have a web link connecting it back to your blog! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with the world!

    Here is my blog if you would like to check it out: http://foxxycreations.com/pfoxblog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. we use that seasoning packet for pork and LOVE it

    ReplyDelete