My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Game Time Cheese Dip



They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach....let's just say I got Captain's heart today! I threw together this game dip in no time and he is in heaven. Captain gives it two thumbs and a tongue up!




1 cup of bacon (you can cook your own drain and chop or be lazy like me and get the bacon crumbles in the salad dressing aisle)
1 cup half and half
16 oz. cream cheese
4 cups shredded cheddar
1 tsp. minced onion
2 tsp. worcestershire
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
dash of hot sauce
french bread and apples or anything else you like to dip

put all of the above BUT the bacon and bread/apples into the crock. cook on low for 1-1.5 hours....must stir every twenty minutes or so. Add bacon and slow cook on low for about ten more minutes. Makes a ton...could easily 1/2 the recipe unless having company. ENJOY...GO BEARS!
recipe from Family Crock Pot Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment