My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Epic Fail...Just EPIC


I had seen on a crock blog that you could put together your crockpot meal a few days in advance (when you have time...a precious thing around here) and stick it in a ziploc in the freezer. This sounded awesome to me because on a day when I have three depositions (like Tuesday) I could just pull it out of the freezer and stick it in the crock...no prep time even! I was really excited to try the Autumn Sausage Stew which the author of my cook book claimed tasted like "heaven" and "Fall in a bowl". Mine tasted like paste in a bowl...it was terrible...by terrible I mean I would not even serve this to Nancy Grace!

I can't tell if it was the rice I used (Basmanti) or the fact that I froze it but it was terrible. At least the house smelled good...just like fall and cinnamon.

1 comment:

  1. It probably tasted like paste because you froze the rice. You should try it again without the rice and add the rice on the day you make it. I did some of those cook once a month frozen dinner things and you never freeze the pasta or rice. Hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete