My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crock Pot Lasagna



Ratings:
Little Man-cleaned his plate...wow
Princess-liked it especially the cheese
Captain-excited there will be leftovers

Brown together:

1 1/2 lbs hamburger (I used 2 pounds)

1 med onion, chopped

1 t. minced garlic

Drain and put back into skillet.

Add: 5 cans tomato sauce (Italian and Herb)

1 can tomato paste

1 can of water (I did not add water...the sauce did not need it)

1 t. dried oregano

Heat thoroughly. In crock pot or slow cooker, layer sauce, lasagna noodles (quick ones...the no boil kind), mixture of monterrey jack and parmesian cheese (I used lowfat). (You will need 1 package of each) 1 small carton cottage cheese (I used low fat) spoon in between layers

Keep layering, ending with sauce. Let cook for 4 to 5 hours on low. Top with remaining cheese on top, if desired. Eat and enjoy!

Recipe from Crock Pot Girls

1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT wait to try this! I found your blog by way of your Italian Chicken Recipe which we cannot get enough of. I think I'm in love! Do you know how many servings this makes/how much per serving? Thank you! Keep on crockin' on!

    ReplyDelete