My toughest critics

My toughest critics

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Apple Chicken


After my fail with the paste stew (see below), I had to pinch hit. I was able to find a recipe that I had all the ingredients for. It smelled wonderful, was easy and delish!
Little Man-not a fan of the bacon but ate all the chicken and rice
Princess-ate everything but picked the pilaf out of the rice
The Captain-his type of Chicken "anything tastes awesome wrapped in bacon"
The Cook-I am more of a well done bacon person (read...practically burned) and I loved the chicken but the bacon was a little too bacon-ey for me...I picked it off and nuked it and it was perfect.

3-4 chicken breasts

1/2 cup BBQ sauce

1-2 apples, peeled and grated

1 lemon, juiced

6-8 slices bacon

Serve with rice ( I also served with caprese salad and pretzel bread)

Directions:

1. In small bowl, combine BBQ sauce with grated apple and lemon juice.

2. Place chicken breasts in base of crock pot, pour BBQ/apple mixture over the chicken. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. Set to low and cook for 8 hours. If using thinner chicken breasts (like cutlets) probably 5 hours on low is enough

1 comment:

  1. I can't do bacon slow cooked like that either - too slimy? I don't know, just weird. I like it crisp. But otherwise sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete